Optometrist - Newmedica, Plymouth, Devon
A Clinical Role, for the Clinically Focussed Professional
As an Optometrist with Newmedica, you’ll enjoy all the benefits that come with being part of the UK’s leading optical brand, in a specialised role dedicated to life outside of the typical test room. This role has a greater emphasis on clinical Optometry, making this the perfect next step for the clinically minded professional.
- Competitive base salary at around £71,500 pro rata (DOE)
- Part time role working Thursday and Friday (no weekends!)
- Operating a post op cataract clinic
- Workplace pension scheme
- Clinically focussed, away from the high street
- All professional qualifications required and desired are supported, all with access to ophthalmologists for support and clinical advancement (funded for you)
This role takes you away from the retail setting of the high street, and has a greater emphasis on clinical Optometry, making your role more specialised and interesting. In this role, you’ll get excellent clinical experience and exposure, and be involved in the whole process; from interpretation to consulting to decision making. A role with Newmedica can be very exciting for more clinically focussed professionals.
An Overview of Newmedica
Newmedica are eye care specialists that are contracted by NHS Trusts to deal with chronic eye conditions, such as glaucoma. You’ll be working in the Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre in Plymouth carrying out post op cataract clinics.
- A passion and interest in clinical areas of optometry and an aptitude for customer service
- WOPEC cataract certificate course is desirable
- General understanding and interest in NHS processes are also desirable
This isn’t a single position to fill, we are looking for multiple professionals to join our team. So, if you know anyone that might be interested, please refer them onto us, and you could receive a generous referral reward from us.
For more information or to apply, please contact Sophie Ayland at Specsavers Recruitment Services on 01566 770 129 or email email@example.com