Meet Jan La Porte who is looking for her next rising star
Hi Jan, tell us a little bit about your role and journey with Specsavers so far?
I first joined Specsavers as a Business Analyst in 2012 and had a great time working on a variety of Retail and Corporate initiatives. Reluctantly, I left for a job closer to home. About a year later Specsavers had co-located teams nearer to me in Whiteley and I was offered an opportunity to return as Lead BA on a global HR system implementation, so I jumped at the chance! The HR project turned out to be a difficult but fantastic challenge and was a great success. Now onto my next challenge as Senior BA in Digital IT where my role is to help deliver an ambitious portfolio of projects embracing cutting edge technology to improve our customers' experience. In addition to working on my own projects, my role is to have oversight of all digital projects to identify commonalities and synergies.
I understand you have a vacancy in your team at the moment, what is the role about?
The Business Analyst role in digital is about working closely with other areas of IT as well as marketing, stores, supply chain and third parties to deliver consistently high customer-focused services to our customers across different channels using different technologies.
What top 5 skills do you think this person will need?
- Excellent communication skills - written, speaking and listening!
- Strong stakeholder management - ability to adapt to different audiences
- Investigative skills - naturally curious, driven to scratch beneath the surface
- Analytical - methodical with an eye for detail
- Organisational and planning skills and juggling them!
What qualities do you look for in a candidate?
- Self-starter - comfortable and confident working with ambiguity, identifying what needs to be done and getting on and doing it
- Team player - enjoying working closely with others becoming a valued member of the team
- Flexible in their role, willing to pitch in with a variety of team tasks and suggest innovative ways to help move the team forward
- Easily approachable
- Motivated by fast paced ever changing environments
And finally, are there any exciting plans coming up that potential applicants may want to know?
The digital world moves fast and Specsavers is no exception. With Digital IT's global remit, successful initiatives need to be tailored to and landed in different countries. At the same time we're constantly investigating and trialling new initiatives, there's always a brilliant new idea just around the corner. Come and find out more!