2016/17 Specsavers Annual Review out now
July 28, 2017
This year’s Annual Review publishes today, outlining highlights and achievements of the past year from across our regions and business areas.
The review covers a range of information including developments in our products, services and customer offer, support to partners, people development and initiatives, and our corporate responsibility approach – supporting local communities, trading ethically and protecting our environment.
John Perkins says: ‘2016/17 has been a memorable year, with an array of twists and turns in the global political landscape and ongoing economic uncertainties. But as ever, our 31,000+ talented colleagues around the globe have responded, delivering incredible performance in each of our regions with passion and excellence, day after day. The highlights within this review provide the briefest of snapshots of that activity and hard work.
But our job in Specsavers is about far more than just facts, figures and spreadsheet. It is not about making Specsavers bigger. It is not even simply about making it better. It is about making it matter. And it’s an ethos we deliver through tens of millions of customer experiences each year. A huge thank you to our teams, wherever you are.’
2016-17 global highlights include:
- surpassing £2.27bn in group revenue – an increase of 7% on 2015/16
- selling more than 20 million frames, 425 million contact lenses and 338,000 hearing aids
- manufacturing, and supplying to our stores, more than 40 million ophthalmic lenses
- serving more customers than ever, with more than 36 million people now registered with us
- launching our global Kylie Minogue Eyewear collection
- seeing about 16,500 people use our online learning system each month – a sixth more than the previous year
- achieving 92% brand awareness averaged across the UK, Australia, New Zealand and our Nordic countries
- donating more than £2.3m to charities and good causes
View the online version here.